Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 2 - 29km

Though my technological skills are slowly increasing it has not yet mastered rotating pictures so please excuse the photo, if anyone knows how to do it please drop me a mail.
Today was spent going around all the different Wats in the surrounding area of Ayuttayah which were absolutely stunning as you can see.
The main joy of my day was the brilliance of my bike, though I liked it from day 1 today confirmed my hopes, it just needs the slightest bit of pressure to maintain a comfortable 20-25km an hour, long may it last. Unfortunately I am yet to find a suitable name for it so all suggestions welcome.
Tomorrow will be the first real test for it(and me) as I will be cycling about 70 km north to a town called Lopburi so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Bryony said...

Hiya,

What an amazing adventure!

I'm still in Oz but planning on working my way through Asia on my way home and hopefully travelling back via the Trans-sibrian express.

At the moment I'm applying for voluntary work in Tibet, Nepal and China so our paths may well cross later this year. I really hope they do!

In the meantime, I'll send you cheerleader style comments and happy thoughts.

Good luck
Bry xxx